Monday 14 July 2014

Tarte Amazon Escape Eye & Cheek Palette Swatches + Review


When I was in New York, the first place I HAD TO GO was the Sephora in Times Square. Whilst there, I picked up this all-in-one beauty, and I have to say I'm really impressed.

Swatches:






Tame: 

Tame is a pearlescent ivory/shell colour and works perfectly as a subtle highlight colour. When applied it looks natural and merged with the skin, it is definitely for those of us who like natural make up. If you were after a drag highlight, this is not the one for you! 

Rope:

I would describe this as a soft matte cool toned mauve. I think those fair skinned eastern Asian skin could use this shade as a facial contour - it is so soft and so blendable, there will be no harsh lines.This works great as a crease/transition colour, and I can't think of any faults.

Canopy:

Canopy is a deep, warm amazon bark colour with a subtle and finely milled silver shimmer. It is super easy to blend out, however it can lose its shimmer when blended. Despite this, if you keep this palette in your purse, it can easily be used to transform a daytime look into a nighttime look.

Rare:

Rare is such a unique eyeshadow shade, and I LOVE to use it as a highlight on myself. It is a satin cloudy peach shade, and I actually also use it on my cheekbones as well to highlight them!

Camo:

This is my most used eyeshadow, it just compliments my skin and my eyes like no other! It's a khaki-based bronze shimmer tone, and so far it has suited EVERYONE I've used it on. This shade is truly fool-proof.

Tribal:

Tribal is a scary eyeshadow at first, it's a deep blue based purple with a hint of a red/berry toned shimmer. I don't use this as much, only because I don't do many nighttime looks. HOWEVER, when playing with different looks, I have added this colour over a brown smokey eye, and it completely transforms it to something very dark, sexy and sultry. This is another one of those day-to-night transformation eyeshadows.

Free:

Free is a bright coral pink shade with a very finely milled gold shimmer. You can see the shimmer in the pan, however it doesn't really translate onto the skin as much. Despite that, this blush is really nice, however if you have fairer skin be veeryyy careful with the application. Definitely use a duo-fibre or a very sparse fluffy brush to apply this blush. it is VERY pigmented.

Exposed:

Exposed is my favourite blush, it's a matte brown toned nude pink colour BUT it is still vibrant. The same rule applies with this blush too - apply with a light hand.

OVERALL...

With ALL of the eyeshadows, there was no fallout, high pigmentation, NON-POWDERY, easily blended. And they apply very well wet, with/without a primer. 

The blushes are also amazing, they honestly last me a full day, even with my super oily skin. Usually I find that towards the middle/end of the day, after blotting, my blush disappears. However, this stuff STICKS. You do have to be incredibly careful when applying it though, as it is super pigmented. It's not powdery and does not let out loadsa fallout, but it's still very strong. I apply it with the Real Techniques blush brush.

I am in love.

Sin

x

No comments:

Post a Comment