Saturday 12 July 2014

Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrector (Opal 15): Review + Swatches

Hello again!

After my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover was discontinued in the shade Creamy Ivory, I decided to go back on the hunt for a silky maximum cover foundation to cover my acne and scarring.

After watching a Lisa Eldridge video on covering acne and scars, and she used this product! It seemed to work a treat, so I thought I'd purchase it and test it out!



I bought the shade Opal 15, it was the lightest colour out of the not very wide colour seleciton. It looks to yellow for my skin, but my face is wayyyy whiter compared to the rest of my body.

Swatches:




In order to cover up the redness, I had to use 3 VERY VERY thin layers on Vichy's Dermablend. If you don't have such HARSH scars (mine have been there for over 6 years) then you will need the absolute tiniest amount to cover  discoloration/acne. This foundation works really well and has a demi matte finish. 

The instruction leaflet advises to use your fingers to melt the product into your skin, which is what I have done here, and keep in mind I have no primer underneath this swatch. I have used the Real Techniques stippling brush and the Real Techniques buffing brush, and I've found that using my fingers has a MUCH nicer effect. When I use a brush, it tends to make the foundation look bitty and patchy.

When I apply this on myself I dab a little amount on each part of my face then pat it out, then rub it in. This usually conceals EVERYTHING but any scarring poling through I dab some high coverage poweder over it before my finished powder.

The thing that I like the most about this foundation is that it feels THIN. It doesn't have a thick consistency at all. Compared to my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover,it is way thinner, but has the same amount of coverage and keeps the oil at bay longer. The main difference is that ELDWMC was a better shade fit for me, and dried WAY quicker.

Love,

Sin

x

No comments:

Post a Comment